Today my 90-year-old grandpa heads to the hospital for a heart procedure. He truly is an amazing man who raised seven kids, farmed in Nebraska, and has numerous grandkids and great-grandkids. My grandma and him have traveled the globe primarily after he retired. He’s easy to talk to, loves fishing and has a great business mind.
The kids and I were doing the math and he’s 50 years older than me, which is a reminder of how much living (God willing) I have left of life. There are still plenty of things I am interested in for these years. I’ve been working on a bucket list for awhile and there are already some items I’ve completed.
So here’s my Bucket List
- Take my parents and my in-laws to Ireland for a family vacation
- Travel to Australia for a month with my B and the kids
- Take my family to the circus
- Visit all 50 states – last time I counted I was about halfway there
- Visit Italy
- Build a house – undecided if that means a house for our family or more like Habitat for Humanity
- Ride in a hot air balloon
Run a marathon Go white water rafting
- Take tap dancing lessons
Become a mom Become a dietitian Become an entrepreneur
- Retire B (or at least give him the option to before he’s 62)
- Design a planner
- Write a book
- Read the entire Bible
What else should I add to this list? What’s on your bucket list?
Unrelated Note –
Little Miss has been sleeping past 6:30 in the morning! This gives me time to workout before I feed her. The extra bit of sleep is doing wonders for us!
What I Am Excited About Now –
The older boys have Cardio Club at school, which is a running club held during recess. Today is the last session and whomever has the most laps for each grade (2nd, 3rd, 4th) is awarded the Golden Shoe. Both of the boys are still in the running (pun intended!) for the coveted shoe. #3, Little Miss, and I will be there as volunteers since it’s held off campus. So I’m excited to see how the races go!